July 29, 2016
-If you missed out on this suede jacket from the Nordstrom Sale, I've found a super similar option here! There isn't much of a difference in price and it'll even be cheaper than the original if they restock once the sale ends. You're welcome.
-Also, this is a great faux suede option and you can't beat the price. It comes in a ton of colors and all sizes are currently available. I have my eye on the olive version!
-A few people I know bought these leggings and have raved about them. Thinking about giving them a shot!
-This under eye concealer totally lives up to the hype. I bought the travel size and can safely say I'll be getting the full size version once I run out!
-White blouses with lace detailing have been a major must for summer and I don't see any sign of that changing for fall. I've been majorly stocking up and this one is next on my list.
-I got a free sample of this eyeliner at Sephora (gotta love those birthday perks!) and might actually end up purchasing it. It glides on so smoothly and stays all day.
-This jacket sold out pretty fast but it looks like it's been restocked! I snagged it on day one of the Anniversary Sale and am so glad I did.
-I was totally sold when I found these round sunnies earlier this week. Cute, on trend and only $8!
-My favorite double buckle western belt is back in stock in all sizes! I was never a belt girl but I've worn this one so much since getting it -- even with my summer pieces! I don't see this trend going anywhere for fall so I'd snatch it up now if you love it. (I also have and love the single buckle version in brown.)
-I kinda can't help but love these silver loafers. They'd be so cute for fall and are a great dupe for the designer pair.
Labels: Link love
July 26, 2016
When it comes to my every day makeup, I like to keep things natural. So it's no surprise I've really been drawn toward the highlighting/strobing trend since it gives that fresh, dewey glow. It's a great look year round and you can easily switch out products to correspond with the season, but there are a few that are constants in my makeup bag. And since I've been trying some out over the past couple months, I figured I'd share the ones I'm loving and a little bit about how I use each!
1. Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer -- This is my go-to when I want an all over glow. First and foremost it's SPF 20 and seriously gives the prettiest natural shine. It's great to wear alone, but if I want more coverage I'll layer it with my favorite matte tinted moisturizer (this is especially good if you want a "lit from within" look). I'd recommend steering clear from any additional highlighters, though, at least for every day. It's pretty illuminating on its own and does a great job of allowing the light to reflect off the right parts of your face. I've tried it with other products mentioned here and ended up looking a bit too shiny -- especially in this heat.
2. Sigma Beauty Shimmer Cream -- This is super shimmery and has a semi blush-like quality to it so I tend to wear it when I want a little more color on my cheeks. It's not overwhelming, but definitely stands out so you really don't have to use a lot to get a great look. I also tend to wear this exclusively on my cheek bones as to avoid looking "red" or flushed on other parts of my face (if that makes sense haha).
3. It Costmetics Hello Light Creme Illuminizer -- This is my newest illuminator purchase and I've been wearing it non-stop. It's probably my favorite "basic" highlighter since it's not very shimmery but is the best for achieving the perfect dewey glow. I personally think it looks best with a more airbrushed look, so I'll pair it with my matte tinted moisturizer and concentrate on highlighting my cheekbones. It's also great for highlighting your brow bones, cupid's bow and other places light would naturally hit your face without being sparkly.
4. bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener -- I've mentioned this product before and it's seriously a life saver when it comes to brightening the under eye area. It's not shimmery, but definitely has a light catching quality to help you look rested even when you're anything but. I usually layer it over my concealer and blend it downwards in a triangle shape and around my nose. And unlike some concealers, it doesn't look white!
5. Benefit High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter -- This was the first highlighter I bought and it's still a favorite. It's not quite as subtle as the one from It Costmetics, which is why I like it for when I'm going out/want a more dramatic look. If you only want to buy one highlighting product, though, this is a great option. A little goes a long way, so you can easily use it as an every day highlighter by dabbing a few dots on each cheek bone or anywhere else you want to brighten up a bit.
If you have a great highlighting product that you'd love, please share! I'd love to try it out :)
July 22, 2016
Shoes & accessories
There's a good chance your bank account already hates you from shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. If not and you've been patiently waiting for it to open to the public (or you're being haunted by the pieces you didn't buy and are obsessively refreshing your browser tabs in hopes they restock #raiseshand), it's officially go time. It's open season starting today and you have between now and August 7 to make it count.
I'll spare you the spiel as to why this sale is so. good. Because you already know. I do want to mention, though, that some of the items I've included here are low in stock. But even throughout this pre-sale week I've seen things come and go very quickly, so I know Nordies is restocking some items. People are also going to start making returns, so if you love something be diligent about checking for it. I'd also suggest checking your local store and maybe even
As for me, I think my final purchases will be this sweater and these sneakers. But who am I to limit myself? ;)