April 17, 2015
1. I've been a faithful user of this mascara (and still love it!) since college and have yet to find anything that rivals it. Until I tried this one. Full disclosure: it was a Klout Perk and I didn't expect to love it as much as I do, but it's a total game changer so I just had to share it with you guys. I've been using it for a little over a week and have had more than a few people ask if I was wearing fake lashes -- they've seriously never been so long! I would definitely recommend trying it out!
2. I got the swimsuit of my dreams in the mail the other day only to have those dreams shattered by my complicated proportions. Let's just say there was underboob involved. Not cute. So I'm back at square one and hoping this one (which is super similar) or this one might do the trick!
3. New York Fashion Week finally has a new home for when the next collections debut in September. In fact, it got two homes!
4. There's a whole lot of "the look for less" happening with Target's spring/summer shoe game, of which I'm a huge fan. Don't have $1k for Valentino Rockstud heeled sandals? Try these. Those super cute and strappy Joie flats? Done. Or what about the classic Stuart Weitzman Nudist (aka the shoe you'll wear to every summer wedding)? They've got you covered.
5. Sometimes you have to play a little Russian roulette and order a final sale item. Anxiety! I did that recently with this gorgeous maxi and it totally paid off. Other than needing a slight hem (story of my life), I can already tell it's going to be the perfect summer dress! Oh, and it's only $15. I got the blue one, but at that price why not get both?
6. Someone who's getting married needs to wear this for their engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal…something! Anything! It's so perfect!
Labels: Link love
April 14, 2015
I didn't spend a ton of time (read: any time) in a swimsuit last summer for a few reasons. All of which had something to do with having a newborn. But this summer, now that Sofia is almost one (one!!) and nearly walking, I'm excited to be able to take her to the pool, the beach and to do other warm weather activities that require swimwear. I'm also excited that one-piece swimsuits (some of which are monokinis, just FYI) are back in a huge way!
Just like any girl, I've always been self conscious about my body in a swimsuit. It doesn't help that my proportions are...ahem...challenging, so finding something that fits well (which in turn makes it more flattering) is a daunting task. One-piece suits definitely make this a little bit easier! I love how creative designers are getting, too, with all the cutouts, straps and whatnot. In some cases, I think they're even sexier than a bikini! And if you can look past the crazy tan lines (that's what sunscreen is for, friends -- please make sure you're wearing it!!), there's a whole new world of what you can wear while splashing around in the waves.
I mentioned before that this one is my absolute favorite, and will be ordering it as soon as I can decide what color to get (black? mint? white? Gah!). And since I'm a little mesh obsessed right now, I might snag this one as well. (Such a good price, too!)
What do you think? Are you into the one-piece trend?
Labels: Tuesday Temptations
April 13, 2015
Dress || Heels: Zara (old, similar) || Clutch: ℅ Gigi New York || Sunglasses: Ray-Ban || Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupte #7
The cherry blossoms are in full bloom here in D.C., so I figured it was the perfect time to pull out this dress. I wore it for Easter Sunday as well and it's easily one of my favorites right now. To be honest, I'm actually on a serious dress binge at the moment. Despite needing a tan in the worst way and not being one to stray from my usual skinny jeans and a tee, they're all I want to buy. I bounce from site to site filling my online shopping carts only to get frustrated that I can't splurge on them all and end up buying nothing haha. I'm currently debating this one and this one, but am considering just treating myself to both ;) Let me know if you have a favorite!
I hope you had a fab weekend!
Labels: Outfit post